*Note: You should really read this post with MJ’s Man in the Mirror playing in the background – and you should definitely join in as loudly as possible for the MAKE THAT CHANGE segments.*
Earlier this summer, not long after completing the Great North Swim, I received a rather exciting email from Special K.
“OMG,” I thought, “THEY WANT ME TO BE THE SPECIAL K LADY!”.
It would make sense of course, I tick a lot of the boxes. I’m brunette, booby, partial to having cereal for dinner and I spend a LOT of time in a swimming costume. Plus, if we’re going into favourite colours then red is the clear and obvious choice.
Alas, I was not being called up for red dress duties. But what they were emailing about was still rather exciting.
Special K have recently changed their recipe (for the first time in 30 years) to a new 3 grain and wholegrain recipe…and to celebrate this they’re also changing the way they position themselves. They’ve dropped “Drop a Dress Size” and are instead focusing on championing women (because women are great) and encouraging women to be the best version of themselves.
That’s where “making a change” comes in.
Special K are sponsoring a number of bloggers for three months to “make a change for the better” (you’re listening to the MJ track still, right?) and I am lucky enough to be one of them. You can see some of the other bloggers and what they’re doing to make a change here.
I’ve struggled to decide what to change as I’ve changed SO much this summer with the swimming, but as we head into Autumn and the lakes close, I think now’s a particularly important time for me to keep up the positive changes I began in the Spring.
Of course there are some brilliantly obvious changes I could make, I’d like to change my handbag for this one…
And a clutch change has been necessary since first spying this Sophia Webster design…
And I would like to be blonde, thin and fluent in French. Évidemment.
But somehow I think I need to be more realistic.
So I’ve thought about it and I’ve decided that I’m going to really take advantage of this support from Special K and make a few changes over the 3 months that they’re helping me out for.
- I want to get a decent routine at the gym sorted which will be designed to support my swimming. To do this I’m going to make a couple of PT appointments which should help me to ACTUALLY LEARN what the hell to do, rather than my usual clumsy guesswork.
- I want to really push myself to try and go to six classes at my gym. That’s two a month. I hate classes, I have a massive irrational fear about exercising in a choreographed way with other people. I can do live TV or radio with no qualms whatsoever, not so much as a butterfly, but Zumba?! GET OUTTA HERE. If I actually get through these classes, it will truly be a massively positive change for me in terms of my self confidence.
- I want to learn how to use the sodding Power Plates. They look so cool in the corner of the gym, but I don’t get them. At all.
- I want to take my skin seriously. I posted about this the other day, but I’ve GOT to start looking after my stupid face. All your advice essentially screamed CAROLINE HIRONS CAROLINE HIRONS CAROLINE HIRONS, so I am going to see her and learn how to be a glowing human being.
- I want to get my five a day. This one sounds silly, but when you see what the government considers ‘a portion’ of fruit and veg, you realise it’s not the easiest thing in the world to achieve. Just because a Pret salad has seven types of veg in it, doesn’t mean it’s coming out at more than two portions of veg. Whilst I almost definitely eat five different fruit and veg a day, I don’t get five decent portions that would add up to the ‘official’ five a day we should aim for. If I get more fruit and veg I should naturally eat less crap. And my skin will be better! And my swimming will be better! AND I MAY TURN INTO BROCCOLI! But that will be fine.
So that’s what I’m going to get up to. Like I said, you can see what the other bloggers have pledged to do here, but I’ll def update here on the blog over the next three months on my progress.
I am by no means a Special K spokeswoman by doing this “make a change” challenge, nor am I the official lady in red, sadly. So yeah, if you have any questions about the new recipe then I’m probs not the best person to ask – except I will tell you that I think Special K Creamy Berry Crunch is THE ONE.
Wish me luck! Send me vegetables! AND SEE YOU AT BODY ATTACK!